- Flash and Batt insulation; 2″ of high-density spray foam & 3 ½” of fiberglass in walls and sloped ceilings
- Blown in cellulose in flat ceilings (blown-in has a high concentration of recycled paper)
- Walls to be sheathed with DOW SIS insulated sheathing to minimize thermal bridging. Thermal imaging shows significant temperature fluctuation with hot and cold spots wherever there is a wall stud. This is an indication of “thermal bridging.” 22% of a homes’ surface is applied to studs which traditionally have no insulation. This Dow product sheaths the entire home and provides a continuous thermal blanket that includes the additional 22% of the house.
- Double-glazed windows with Low E and argon gas-filled sashes and foam filled frames
- High efficiency natural gas-fired furnaces
- On demand domestic hot water
- Whisper Panasonic bath exhaust systems for air turnover within the home
- Energy Star appliances and lighting packages
- Energy Star electrical fixtures
- Energy Star plumbing fixtures
- No VOC (volatile organic compound) paints
- Composite decking or patios
- Granite, concrete or Richlite countertops
- Bamboo flooring
- Contemporary cabinetry systems and finishes; locally made, semi-custom choices available.
Customers will have their choice of Bamboo or pre-finished Red Oak on the main first floor and tile in the Master Bath, Guest Bath and Laundry. The stairs, bedrooms, upstairs hallway and any additions will be carpeted unless the customer chooses other options.
The stove, hood and dishwasher are all Energy Star appliances. Homeowners at Laurel Court can also choose to purchase Energy Star washer, dryers, and refrigerators through the Chinburg Design Center.